Tuesday 6 September 2011

A 'P' Party


 NB These photo's aren't the best - now I know I'm going to be using them for blog posts, I will try harder!

I'm going to start with the most recent fancy dress I've done - my friend's 30th Birthday Party. The theme was anything beginning with 'P', as that's one of her initials. And the creativity displayed was something else! I was terribly proud of all my friends - Pippi Longstockings, the Pharaohs, the boyfriend's Peperami, the Police men and women, the Prisoners, and especially the birthday girl herself - the Peacock!

I went through many different ideas (Penelope Pitstop, Paris Hilton...) but the boyfriend thought that was cheating, as they are just girls with blonde hair and pink outfits (a lot like my own self). And I am NOT one for half-hearted fancy dress! So out came the pink fabric, some white fabric diamonds, and the trusty white stilettos (for fancy dress purposes only) and the Pink Power Ranger was created. Now, I cannot take credit for the actual production - although I'm pretty handy with a pair of scissors and a Singer,  this was an outfit consisting of tailored trousers and a fitted tunic. So Mummy bear was called into help. She adapted an old pattern to create both pieces, then I used offcuts to create two tubes for my wrists. Adding a white belt, the aforementioned white shoes, and a mask from the Internet, and I was ready to fight crime (or whatever the Power Rangers got up to.)

 Vital Statistics: Fabric - £13  Mask - £3.50 Shoes - already owned Belt - already owned

No comments:

Post a Comment