Thursday 15 September 2011

The Royal Wedding...



Well, of course I couldn't let this occasion go by without some kind of fancy dress! But not for me this time - for the beautiful baby daughter of one of my best friends! Baby loves a bit of fancy dress...
Once i decided it simply had to be a wedding dress (Daddy wasn't best pleased, I'll be honest) the design itself was very simple. I found a gorgeous white net tutu fabric at Abakhans (where else?!) with an iridescent glitter running through it, and simply put two long rectangles together, pleated it, and stitched it to a long strip of elastic to make it comfy for baby. A cream satin was stitched on top, and finished with a cream ribbon. A hugggggeee cream flower from Primark was the finishing touch! It's actually got a safety pin on the back of it, so I stitched it to a piece of elasticated pleated satin from abakhans haberdashery section - I've used this for tons of things, garters for brides, headbands - really useful stuff. And baby loved it...

Vital Statistics: Fabric - £5, Ribbon - 60p (both Abakhan)  Flower - £2 (Primark) BabyGro - baby's own!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm:)nice post, it is very attractive baby costume. It is fit for my daughter. Thanks

    ReplyDelete